Monday, October 27, 2008

Never Again Will I Trust You. Maybe.

Trust. What is trust? The dictionary defines trust as "reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence." Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or a thing and even... Confidence? Wow, I never would have guessed. Trust, it's such a fickle thing. Kind of like love. Generally, the two go hand in hand. If you love someone, you should be able to trust them right? With every little secret, every little detail.. Everything. right? Or maybe not. Maybe trust is something meant to be broken. But the dictionary says your reliance on a person. The dictionary even says to believe or to have confidence in someone. Does that just not matter anymore? Can people really just break that trust? Can you really tell someone else a secret that your friend just told you? Could you really do that to someone? Could you really hurt a person that bad? Even over the simplest thing.. It's just.. Trust. It doesn't matter. It's not necessarily what was said but that it was said. Or maybe it's not even about talking or saying things. Maybe it's trust that they won't do something. Being in a relationship I'm pretty sure that everyone doesn't want to get cheated on. So, they trust that person not to do something like that. Maybe they trust them to make the right decisions in general. Maybe your parents trust you not to make dumb decisions. Who knows?

Why do we betray someone's trust? Do we really not care about that person that much? Do we really want to hurt them? Yes, some things may not tick you off but.. What happens when they are a repeat offender to betraying your trust?.. What happens when it's something big? Now, I'm not saying that you should just go off and never trust someone who has betrayed you once of a little thing but.. Honest to God.. Why would you betray someone?

Trust. What do you define it as? I hate being betrayed. I hate it. It hurts. I have a trust issue and the people that I do trust, are great people. I have been hurt and I have hurt people. I hope that I never get hurt again and I hope that I never get hurt again.

Trust. Do it.

No comments: